Outlook Configuration to send and receive CVB e-mail
- How can I find out what version of Outlook I am using?
- Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP
How can I find out what version of Outlook I am using?
If you are using Microsoft Outlook but do not know what version you are using, simply OPEN Outlook and go to the HELP link at top. Under the HELP menu, you should see something like "About Microsoft Office Outlook." Click on that and you will be brought to a page where the version is listed at the top.
Microsoft Outlook 2000 and XP
Outlook is an e-mail application that comes with Microsoft Office. You can get to Outlook if you have it by Start > Programs > Microsoft Outlook or Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Outlook. Sometimes, there’s a shortcut icon on the desktop too. But every computer is different, and depending on how you installed it, Outlook may be in a different location.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook from your desktop by dobble-clicking the shortcut icon Outlook
2. 'In the Outlook menu bar, click on Tools and select E-Mail Accounts.
3. Select Add a new email account, and select Add and select Mail.
4. Now select POP3 as the server type.
5. Enter your Name and Email Address as you want them to appear in the 'from' section when you send an email.
6. In the User name field, enter your full calwisp e-mail address. (email@example.com)
7. Check the Remember Password option, make sure that the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) checkbox is not checked.
8. In the Server information section, enter your incoming mail server as mail.calwisp.com and outgoing as smtp.calwisp.com
9. Select Test Account Settings to ensure that you entered it correctly. If the test is all ok, you can select Close and then Next.
10. Select Finish to complete the setup.
11.You can then start to send and receive e-mail.
Microsoft Outlook Express
Open Outlook Express. If you have a shortcut to Outlook Express on your desktop , just double-click on the icon. Otherwise, click on the Start button, go to Programs and choose Outlook Express
1. On the Outlook Express menu bar, click Tools and select Accounts.
2. Click the Mail tab, click on Add and select Mail.
3. Type your name in the Internet Connection Wizard, type your name in the Display Name Box and click Next. This is the name that will appear in the ‘From’ field when someone receives a message from you.
4. Click the button by 'I already have an e-mail address that I use and type in your calwisp e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), click Next.
5. On the following screen, choose POP3 from the pull-down menu. In the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, HTTP) server:' box, type in mail.calwisp.com and in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' box type smtp.calwisp.com
6. On the Congratulations screen of the Internet Connection Wizard, click Finish
7. In the Internet Accounts window, click once on the mail account that was just created (this should be called mail.calwisp.com) and click on Properties.
Select the General tab and type in a name like calwisp e-mail for your new e-mail account.
Click OK and Close.
Your Outlook Express is now configured to send and receive your calwisp e-mail. If you need help using Outlook Express, click on the Help menu, then Contents and Index.
- To Top
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook from your desktop, by double-clicking on the shortcut icon. If it’s not on your desktop, try opening it from Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook 2003.
2. In the Outlook menu bar, click on Tools and select E-mail Accounts.
3. Select the Add a new e-mail account option and click Next.
4. Choose the POP3 option and click Next.
5. In the Your Name field, type the name you would like to appear in the “From” field of any e-mails you send.
6. In the E-mail Address field, type your calwisp email address (eg. email@example.com)
7.In the Incoming mail server (POP3) field, type mail.calwisp.com
8. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, type smtp.calwisp.com
9. In the User Name and Password fields, type your calwisp email address and password
10. Make sure the Remember password option is ticked
11. Make sure the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) option is NOT selected
12. Finally, click on Test Account Settings
13.Check that the five tests all ran successfully and received green ticks.
- To Top
From the Tools menu, choose Account Settings
On the E-mail Tab
Under Chose E-mail Service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click on the Next button
Click on the Next button
Do not complete the fields here!. Check the box at the bottom that says "Manually configure server settings or additional server types"
Click on the Next button
Select Internet E-mail
Click on the Next button
In the Your Name field, type your full name
In the E-mail address field, type your full e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Under Account Type select POP3
In the Incoming Mail Server field, type mail.calwisp.com
In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field, type smtp.calwisp.com
In the Logon Information field, type full e-mail address (email@example.com) all lowercase
In the Password field, type your e-mail password
Click on the More Settings button at the right
Click on the Outgoing Server tab at top.
Check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
Click the Next button
Click the Finish button
Open Windows Mail.
If you launch Vista Windows Mail for the first time the Account Wizard may start automatically
If it does go to step 3 below.
If it does not, you need to go to
Tools -> Accounts
Click on "Add..." to launch the Account Wizard
On the Tools menu, choose E-mail Accounts
The first screen asks what kind of account you want to set up
The default "Email account" is correct, so just click Next
Type in your name as you want it to appear on outgoing email in the Display name box
Type your email address in the form your firstname.lastname@example.org
Change the incoming e-mail server type to POP3
In the Incoming mail server box type in mail.calwisp.com
In the outgoing mail server box type in smtp.calwisp.com
Enter your full email address in e-mail username
Enter your Password
The final screen offers you the option to download the e-mail on the server as soon as you click Finish
Go to Tools -> Accounts
Double-click on your newly created account (mail.calwisp.com)
Click on the Servers tab
Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Click on Settings button
Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Click the OK button
Click the Next/Finish button.
Close Windows Mail.